Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 7, 2013

Today's spring cleaning: the reason (one of them) that I hate grocery shopping.  The freezer and fridge. I know that I'm just going to end up throwing at least some small portion of 90% of what I buy six or twelve or eighteen months down the road when its molding, expired, and/or unrecognizable.  Today I melted four containers of freezer burn (ice cream) down the sink, as well as a frozen package of mushroom risotto. Because I don't like ice cream, and as good as Trader Joe's is, the creamy rice will never match the fancy cliff-side restaurant in Greece (yep it had been there since July). Let's not even talk about the abundance of expired bottles containers and shriveled fruit... among other things from my fridge.  Ah, single living!

No comments:

Post a Comment