Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 10, 2013

Today for the first time ever, I lost my voice. --Well, there was that one time after the USU-byu basketball game when I woke up at 0600 for an all day voice rehearsal... but that was fleeting. And screaming induced.  And in the name of Aggie basketball, it was worth it.

So, last night my nose was stuffy and I'm pretty sure I breathed through my mouth all night.  I woke up with a rather painful (to my larynx) cough and absolutely no voice. Soon I progressed to a drippy squeaking ball of infection. Who had no use of the air passages in my nose. So in addition to my daily zyrtec, flonase, breathe-right strips, and allergy air filter, I added mucinex-d and a doxylamine/melatonin combo to my plan for the night. Not enough.  Still can't breathe.  So I ran to Walgreen's in my sweats (sometimes it's nice living in Renton where people socially accept and expect this) to get a humidifier, afrin with menthol nose spray, and Vick's. And I can finally breathe. Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment