Friday, November 23, 2012

November 20, 1012

On our last day (among other things) we went to Wormsloe Historic Site. It's a beautiful little (large) revolutionary-era plantation, complete with 400 yards of live-oak lined paths, spanish moss, and the ruins of a home built in 1734.  I've decided that I need my own plantation. Actually I don't need the plantation so much as I need the plantation house complete with horses, carriage, and 400 yards of live-oak lined dirt driveway. Sigh, I don't want to go home. Other highlights of the day include eating at Paula Dean's restaurant, visiting the majestic Bonaventure Cemetary, taking photos of the house lived in by the author of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and a small detour to what turned out to NOT be a puppet shop. Always an adventure :)




No comments:

Post a Comment